Are you in your dream job? Salesforce.com is hiring!
Growing demand for the social enterprise drives salesforce.com’s expansion in Dublin
DUBLIN Ireland – 28th June, 2012 – Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/), today announced plans to add more than 100 new jobs in Dublin to meet the demands of continued growth in Ireland. The company is immediately looking to hire qualified professionals in sales, marketing, IT and customer support functions.
The announcement was made this morning in Dublin by Ireland's Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton T.D and salesforce.com’s EMEA chairman, Dr. Steve Garnett.
IDA Ireland has worked with salesforce.com on its developments in Ireland since it first established operations in Dublin in 2000.
Recently named 27th on Fortune’s 100 best places to work list and recognised by Forbes as the most world’s most innovative company, salesforce.com is one of the global technology industry’s fastest growing companies and is seen as a pioneer and visionary leader.
Comments on the news:
- "The Government is targeting high-growth companies and high-growth sectors as part of our Action Plan for Jobs. Today's very welcome announcement that salesforce.com, a dynamic company operating at the cutting edge of social, mobile and cloud computing, is creating 100 additional jobs in Dublin shows what is possible in these sectors.
I am determined to ensure that we continue to take advantage of our ICT strengths to attract more investments and create the jobs we need,” said Richard Bruton, T.D., Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation.
- "Salesforce.com is driving a massive transformation in the technology industry, showing companies the power of social and mobile cloud computing. Ireland has played a key role in our success and we are delighted to be able to expand our reach in the region through the creation of an additional 100 jobs. We are actively looking for talented individuals to join us as we help more companies transform into social enterprises,” said Dr. Steve Garnett, Chairman EMEA, salesforce.com.
- “Salesforce.com is very much a pioneer of cloud computing and its growth over recent years has been very impressive. Ireland has been a key location for the company in its global expansion and it is great to see this further enhanced in this latest expansion,’’ said Barry O’Leary, Chief Executive Officer, IDA Ireland.
Find your dream job
Salesforce.com is holding an exclusive #dreamjob recruitment event in Dublin on the evening of the 5th July 2012 at The Morrison Hotel. To find out more about working at salesforce.com, people can register - in confidence – at www.salesforce.com/eu/openday or check out the available positions on www.salesforce.com/eu/careers.
The Social Enterprise Revolution
Trends in cloud computing are being driven by the social revolution that is taking place today. The number of social networking users has surpassed e-mail users. Nearly a quarter of all time spent online is spent on social networks like Facebook. People access the Internet more from mobile devices than from desktops. Salesforce.com is helping companies meet the challenge of this social revolution with its social enterprise solution. Today, companies must change the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with customers and employees to stay competitive. By leveraging salesforce.com’s social and mobile cloud technologies to develop social customer profiles and create employee and customer social networks, companies can transform themselves into social enterprises.
The demand for the social enterprise has fuelled significant growth in salesforce.com’s customer base and the company now has more than 20,000 customers in Europe. Salesforce.com has been investing in Ireland since 2000 and the Dublin office is the European hub for salesforce.com’s commercial sales operation.
Follow @Salesforce on Twitter and Suggested Tweets:
If you’d like to tweet about the salesforce.com recruitment open day in Dublin, here are some suggested tweets to send to your followers:
• Click to Tweet: Salesforce.com recruitment open day in Dublin on July 5th – Find your #dreamjob http://bit.ly/LVIQfF via @salesforce
• Click to Tweet: Salesforce.com is hiring! Visit their recruitment open day in Dublin on July 5th http://bit.ly/LVIQfF via @salesforce
• Interested in working at one of the best places to work? Check out our recruiting page for Ireland: http://www.salesforce.com/eu/campaigns/openday/
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
• Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce.
• A community of good people doing great things: The Salesforce.com Foundation: http://www.salesforcefoundation.org.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services allow customers to:
- Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Force.com.
- Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Data.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, and Salesforce Site.com.
- Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku and Salesforce Radian6.
- Empower small businesses to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.
- Extend a company's social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace, AppExchange.
- Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Salesforce.com offers its Siteforce products and services in Germany under the Force.com Sites trademark. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Media Contacts for this Announcement:
+44 (0)7717 732067
Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
Press Office: +353 1 631 2200 or email@example.com
Press office +353 1 603 4226