Dell’s Operations in Ireland
Dell Ireland is a global hub for Services, Sales, Operations, Software, Finance and Marketing, employing 2,500 people in Dublin, Limerick and Cork. Our Irish based operations continue to play a vital role in the company’s success as we continue on our evolution from a PC company to a Solutions and Services organization. Dell has a strong services presence in Ireland with more than half of the total number of Irish based employees working with the services group.
Dell started operations in Raheen, Limerick during 1990, and is now home to one of 12 global solution centres. Dell Ireland is an innovative global hub for a range of specialist functions which support Dell’s pan EMEA and worldwide customer and technology business, in addition to being a strategic global hub and Centre of Excellence for Operations, Services and Sales it supplies a range of support business functions which also include HR, Legal Affairs, IT and Finance.
The Company’s acquisition of Quest Software - now Dell Software in 2012 has added an extra site to the Irish operations with 200 people now based in Cork – adding to our existing locations in Dublin and Limerick.
The Dell Ireland operations currently consists of the following elements:
- Global IT Services
- EMEA Commercial Sales
- EMEA Software
- Global Supply Chain
- Customer Briefing Centre
- Global Solutions Innovation Centre
- Global Services Command Centre
- Global Finance
- Global Services Support
- Marketing, Finance & Support Teams
- Cloud Engineering Centre
- Business Operations
How Ireland Benefits Dell
- Skilled and Educated Workforce- Talented & Ambitious
- Fast moving, dynamic companies thrive in Ireland due to its unique workforce with 36% of the population under 25 years of age. The combination of youth and experience forges an ideal environment for leading multinational companies.
- Strong Business Environment & Government Support
- IDA Ireland works closely with clients to ensure that they have the facilities, resources and connections they need for their business now and into the future.
- Infrastructure to support growing business
- The strong transport support network throughout Ireland allows Dell Ireland provide proof of concept to other businesses on a global level, and also engage on a multinational level with organisations which are based here.