Strategy & Objectives
Horizon 2020, our current strategy, is based on the following objectives:
Download Horizon 2020
- Continue to attract suitable, high quality, knowledge and skills-based Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to Ireland.
- Place Ireland at the leading edge of the global economy in specific niches.
- Achieve a better, more equitable regional balance in investment across Ireland. To mobilise regions rather than local areas to compete actively with regions internationally.
- Develop clusters of excellence in which a range of companies and R&D centres operate to create a climate of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Work with current inward investors to move up the value chain and utilise the ever-expanding skills base of the Irish workforce.
- To encourage companies to move towards more advanced technological processes with a greater focus on R&D. To influence improvements in infrastructure and skills.